Arthritis has become a prevalent condition in the 21st century, affecting approximately one in four individuals. It is alarming to learn that 30% of adults aged 45-64 have been diagnosed with arthritis by their doctors. The pain associated with arthritis and joint discomfort can be debilitating, hindering individuals from fully enjoying their lives at any age. Inflammation is closely linked to arthritis, and on today’s episode of “Eat This with Lianne,” we have a special guest, Dr. Grigory Karmy, who will delve deep into the subject of arthritis and pain management.
As we watch carefree children play without a hint of pain, many of us long to jump out of bed every morning. However, as we age, our bones and cells become worn and strained, depending on our lifestyle. Are runners more prone to joint arthritis compared to swimmers due to the difference in impact? These are some of the questions I have about arthritis. Nevertheless, recognizing that you are here to find ways to manage your pain, let’s turn to our expert, Dr. Karmy.
Dr. Grigory Karmy, the Medical Director of Karmy Clinic, is a recognized specialist in Chronic Pain Management by the College of Physicians and Surgeons (CPSO). Additionally, he serves as an Adjunct Professor at McMaster University’s Department of Family Medicine, where he teaches medical residents and conducts research. With over two decades of experience in chronic pain management and more than ten years in applying regenerative medicine approaches, Dr. Karmy is at the forefront of the field. Notably, he is currently leading the first Health Canada-approved study on Mesenchymal Stem Cell injections for osteoarthritis in Ontario.
During the podcast episode, Dr. Karmy addresses several important questions related to arthritis and pain management. Here are some of the key points covered:
- Background and Journey: Dr. Karmy shares his path to becoming the Medical Director of Karmy Clinic.
- Understanding Arthritis: Dr. Karmy explains what arthritis is, how and why it occurs, and whether it is preventable.
- Pain Management Options: For those suffering from arthritis, Dr. Karmy discusses various pain management options available.
- Dietary Recommendations: The discussion explores the role of diet in managing pain, inflammation, and arthritis.
- Regenerative Medicine: Dr. Karmy sheds light on the concept of regenerative medicine and its relevance to pain management.
- Advancements in Pain Management: The episode explores recent advancements in pain management for arthritis sufferers.
- Taking Control of Pain Management: Dr. Karmy offers practical advice on how listeners can take charge of their pain management at home and expedite care.
- Emotional and Psychological Aspects: The influence of emotional and psychological factors on arthritis is discussed, drawing inspiration from Louise Hay’s perspective.
- Diet for Arthritis and Inflammation: Dr. Karmy shares dietary recommendations, highlighting foods to avoid and those to incorporate.
Managing arthritis pain is crucial for individuals seeking a fulfilling and active life. In this episode, Dr. Grigory Karmy provides valuable insights into pain management strategies and sheds light on the latest advancements in the field. Additionally, he emphasizes the importance of dietary choices in mitigating pain and inflammation.
By empowering listeners to take control of their health one step at a time, this podcast aims to guide individuals towards a better quality of life despite the challenges posed by arthritis.