While, for men, there’s a pill to help pump up the bedroom muscle, there is more to sex than just an erection. Libido and desire are a must, and that takes specific nutrients. Stamina and endurance that’ll sustain your energy to go the distance with lovemaking are all-important aspects to having the best sex possible!
Eat this for better desire and libido
Testosterone in both men and women weighs in heavily on libido. Zinc is a mineral that boosts testosterone (and another thousand things in your body, like your immune system). Aphrodisiac foods are zinc-rich and that’s why they’re known as the foods to eat to get you going in the bedroom. While it’s unknown just how many oysters you’d need for some wild dancing in the sheets, eating all these foods can help.
- Seeds like sunflower, pumpkin and pine nuts
- Shellfish like oysters, lobster or crab
- Red meat – ideally grass-fed
- Cage-free eggs
- Grass-fed dairy
- Whole grains
- Chili peppers – Serrano peppers, jalapeños or cayenne pepper
Eat this for better blood flow and circulation
When you think about blood flow, think Niagara Falls. Think strong and persistent flow with no obstructions that just keeps going and going. Although blood flow and sex is talked about much more in men (quite rightly), it’s also crucial for women. One of the best ways to increase blood flow is to increase the levels of nitric oxide in the bloodstream. That’s exactly what Viagra and Cialis do – increase blood flow by expanding and dilating blood vessels. You can also eat these foods that are high in nitric oxide or that convert into nitric oxide:
- #1 is beets – eat them raw, juice them, grate them, roast or steam them.
- Eat watermelon, radishes, celery, spinach, carrots, dark leafy greens, ginger and turnip tops.
- Nuts rich in l-arginine which converts to nitric oxide in the body: pistachios, peanuts, and walnuts.
- Oats boost every aspect, from being rich in l-arginine, high in magnesium (for stamina and energy) and helping to lower cholesterol that can deposit in arteries.
- Dark chocolate
Eat this for stamina and energy
While sex may not require as much stamina as running a marathon, the physical demands of sexual activity means that you must have enough energy to perform and sustain that energy to go the distance. No one want’s to burn out before orgasm because you’re puffed out. Processed food, sugar, pop, refined carbohydrates are all anti-stamina foods. Eat these instead:
- Whole grains (pass on the gluten)
- Grass-fed meats
- Fatty fish like salmon, tuna, herring, mackerel and sardines
- Cage-free eggs
- Berries; strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries
The best overall diet to boost every aspect of your sex life is a Mediterranean-style diet rich in fresh fruits and vegetables, oily wild fish, whole grains, and healthy fats from nuts and seeds.
For more on libido-boosting foods, listen to this radio segment from NewsTalk1010 with Jerry Agar!